Monday, May 24, 2010

Hait Day 2


Today was the first day of our pastor's conference. What a blessing to meet these men and to negin speaking Creol with my cheat sheet. "Mewn rele Dr. Paul" My name is Dr. Paul. Listening to these men sing in worship of God is a inspiring experience even though I have no idea what the words mean. My first session introduced Post Traumatic Stress as a description of how people react to tragic events. I also covered how the Bible speaks powerfully to the heart needs of the these men and their people who continue to suffer. I ended by encouraging them that they are able to make a difference in many waysan and by introducing people to Christ. What does Jesus know about PTS? Just think about the cross for it is the ultimate experience trauma and suffering. Then we divided the men into small groups where they could minister to each others hurts.
During break times these men are already coming to me and our team for advice and counsel on how to deal with problems in their lives and the lives of their people. One pastor shared how he lost two of his five children, one was killed on the STEP seminary campus. Another pastor came to me because every time he hears a loud noise his heart begins racing. Other men have told us how they are having trouble sleeping, concentrating and making decisions. Many of the pastors are afraid to enter buildings, are crying, have anger issues, depression, and even having trouble praying.
Tomorrow I will be sharing my second session and continuing counseling for individual pastors.
Orevwa
Dr Paul

1 comment:

  1. What an incredible opportunity to minister to the body. Praying for wisdom for you and God's special strength for those pastors.

    ReplyDelete