Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Child's Testimony

Recently my church had a special outdoor service so our entire congregation could worship together. Among the 8 people who were baptized was Danielle, an 8 year old girl. I think it takes a lot of courage for anyone to get in front of a thousand people to do anything, let alone talk about what God has done in your life and then be baptized. But think about being an 8 year old child. What makes this even more meaningful is Danielle is a special needs child. Her body may not work like other kids, but this girl's mind, heart, and soul are worth far more. Here is what she shared while being held by one of our pastors just prior to baptizing her.

I love Jesus. It doesn’t matter if you are special needs, he still loves you. So don’t worry if you have a need that people can see. You are still a child of God. During my surgeries God was
with me. He’s always with you. I know I can trust God. He even helps us through hard
times. Jesus is awesome. Just like it says in John 3:16, He even died on the cross for our
sins. He is so kind. He really didn’t have to do that. That’s why he is so kind. In Heaven you
can have ice cream for breakfast, lunch or dinner or other treats you like. Jesus is
preparing a place for you in Heaven. I accepted Jesus in my life. I know I’m going to Heaven.

My verse of assurance is Phil. 4:13. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”


I think this little girl is something special. Let's never lose that kind of faith!
Blessings,
Dr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment