Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Powerful Intimacy

Do you know what is one of the most intimate and powerful experiences you can have with your spouse? No, I am not talking about sex. How about prayer? Yes, I mean what I say. I submit to you that one of the most powerfully intimate experiences you can have with your spouse is prayer. Something happens when a husband and wife pray together.
Let me explain why I say this about prayer. Think about it for a minute. When you pray, you are saying that you need God's help, you don't have all of the answers, and there is someone bigger than yourself and your problems. That takes humility, humility you are demonstrating in front of the person you love.
When you pray, you are talking to the God of the universe about the things that matter the most to you. Nothing is more personal and more intimate than that. And when you do this in front of your spouse, you are allowing them to share in one of the most personal and intimate experiences of your life. They are able to hear what is on your heart and mind as you talk to your creator.
When you do this together, you are able to share in what is most important in your spouse's heart. So make some time to take your spouse by the hand and pray to God from your heart. I guarantee you will be closer to each other, and have a stronger marriage.
Blessings,
Dr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment