Sunday, March 15, 2009

Daddy's Girl

Ok dads with daughters, it is time to break out the tissues. My daughter Stephanie has been studying abroad in Spain this semester. Earlier today she sent me an email telling me how much she loves and misses me. She included a link to a song by Steven Curtis Chapman entitled, Cinderella. The link is http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/cinderella.htm. Warning, if you have a good relationship with your daughter, you will be moved by the song and the video. Chapman also includes a brief explanation of how and why he came to write this song. As Stephanie said in her email, every time she listened to it she thought of me and cried. Well, it goes both ways because when I listened to it, I thought of her and cried. It reminded me of how blessed I am as a father, and of the special bond a dad has with a daughter. Dads, there is no doubt that the time and effort you invest in your kids will be the best investment you will ever make.
Blessings,
Dr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment