Sunday, January 9, 2011

I Thought I was a Dad

This is not exactly how I envisioned my first blog entry of 2011, but the U.S. State Department has a new policy that I just can't ignore. For the last 23 years, I was known as Dad, the father of my first child, followed in the next couple of years as being Dad to my two sons. I like the idea of being Dad. But according to the State Department application for a passport, I am no longer know as this. I am simply "Parent #1" or "Parent #2" depending on how I might feel when filling out the application. In the latest example of trying to redefine the family, and wanting to be overly sensitive to situations where a child has two members of the same sex for his adoptive parents, the terms "mother" and "father" are now removed. I am simply either Thing 1 or Thing 2, no, wait a minute, that is Parent 1 or Parent 2.
How pathetic are we getting as a nation? Here is what Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council has to say about this change: "Only in the topsy-turvy world of left-wing political correctness could it be considered an ‘improvement’ for a birth-related document to provide less information about the circumstances of that birth,” Family Research Council president Tony Perkins wrote in a statement to Fox News Radio. “This is clearly designed to advance the causes of same-sex ‘marriage’ and homosexual parenting without statutory authority, and violates the spirit if not the letter of the Defense of Marriage Act.”
So much for being a Dad.
Blessings,
Dr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment