Sunday, July 5, 2009

Counseling Ministry in Cambodia




Yes, I am back from Cambodia and over my jet lag from 21 hours of travel back to the USA. God blessed the work I was able to do for the World Team missionaries. As you know, I went to provide a marriage enrichment seminar for the couples, and offered counseling sessions for them. In addition to the 3 seminars on marriage, I provided about 19 hours of counseling. One of the issues I touched on in the marriage seminar was the impact of stress on the mission field on a marriage. The next day I was approached by a couple of the missionaries and was asked to do a more indepth seminar on stress and how to reduce its impact on their marriages and families. So I got my brain in gear and put together an imprompto seminar on stress. We met for three hours and it was a priviledge to share some of that I have learned with them. I am a firm believer that God uses prior experiences to prepare you for future ministry opportunities. He certainly confirmed it on this trip.
In future posts I will share more impressions and experiences from this trip to the front lines of ministry in a lad of great material and spritual poverty.
Blessings,
Dr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment